Generating IT leads is an integral part in the success of an IT company, but it is also the same thing that causes a lot of headaches for marketers. The information technology industry can be a very competitive environment, and only the company that has effectively gathered the necessary B2B leads will be able to get ahead. For your IT business to achieve that, you will need to invest in a good IT lead generation agency. Still, even if you are working with the best marketing team, there are still some things that you have to keep in mind first. Forgetting about these can set your campaign way back.
1. Spam never works – just like the junk mail you receive at home and the worthless emails you get in your inbox, spamming your business prospects with excessive telemarketing calls about your product or service offers will not only be a waste of time, but it would also be a complete irritation to your prospects. Instead of getting their favorable business, the least they can do is to shut their doors on you. If you need to use IT telemarketing, you should use it properly. b2b lead generation company
2. Anger causes trouble – not just anger, but also any overly aggressive action that makes it harder for your business to get a deal. For example, IT appointment setting work is not exactly selling work. Rather, your job is to get prospects to have a meeting with you. Now, this is something that you exactly will not get if you are being overly aggressive in your pitch.
3. CEO-lead advertising rarely works – these days, putting the smiling face of the company CEO is not exactly a big draw. Unless you are talking to another business executive, using the CEO’s identity as your advertising draw will rarely get you the needed IT leads. If you want to be more successful, you should focus more on the benefits your company’s offers will bring.
4. Provide details fast – these days, businessmen and customers are becoming smarter. Rarely will they make a decision to buy or sign up if they still lack the necessary information for their business. Your job as a marketer is to properly inform them of what they needed to know. Skewing information will never get you the deal. In fact, this will be disastrous to your business.
5. Branding takes a long time to change – remember IBM, for decades, it has been called the ‘blue dinosaur’ of the information technology market. It took them years of consistent delivery of other services for them to correct that image. So is the same thing with your business. You cannot change your image just with a snap of your fingers. It takes a long time for your brand to become different in the minds of prospects.
6. Product evangelism rarely works – these days, that is fact. Sure, Guy Kawasaki of Apple fame has his reasons, but for your business to use ‘product evangelists’ to promote your business to prospects no longer produces the same impact as it did before. I